The luxurious Tesla Model S is currently the best-selling sedan throughout the United States after its sales increased by 59 percent during the last three months of 2015.
Although Tesla had several problems last year, its car fleet is in high-demand by a lot of customers living in the US. It is hard to figure out when the company will face another competitor in terms of sedans.
Based on the statistics, Tesla’s clients make of for around 30 percent of all customers in the sedan market. The rest of 70 percent is dominated by Mercedes and BMW with the Benz S-Class and the 7-Series.
This move is quite unusual considering it comes from Tesla because officials usually make sure that no one finds out the sale numbers. However, experts believe that the company wanted everyone to see how efficient their technological developments have been.
According to the reports, Tesla sold over 5,428 Model X only in the US, which means 6 percent of the luxury SUV market. It is worth mentioning that these sales numbers are the highest ever recorded since the company started their car production.
Regarding the overall production, Tesla officials admitted that although they outsold brands such as Land Rover and Porsche, they still have to catch up with other top brands such as Lexus, Audi, Volvo, Cadillac, BMW, and Mercedes.
However, as a BMW spokesperson confessed, Tesla’s electric cars have become widely popular. In other words, we can expect Tesla Model S, and other vehicles to take the company in the top 5 best-selling brands a few years from now.
The main strategy which CEO Elon Musk used over the past few years was to increase their sales as much as possible in order to invest the company’s profit into other significant research areas, especially related to high-tech electric vehicles.
Rumour has it that Tesla is currently on its way to buy SolarCity Corp. in order to release the most affordable sedan, which will probably be the Model 3. More precisely, its price will start from $35,000, so it’s expected to bring a profit even higher than the Model S.
It is worth mentioning that Tesla Model S can reach 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds, and comes with a range of around 300 miles, while its battery capacity and size are quite generous compared to many sedans on the market.
Image Source: Wikipedia