Stomach aches are not an unusual occurrence as sometimes they are caused by bad foods and other times by a digestive problem. However, a stomach ache is indeed more than a bit strange when it is caused by coins and nails. Well, a man recently went to the hospital complaining of a stomach ache. When he was taken to the X-ray to see what was wrong, the doctors were surprised by what they saw in the analysis.
Unusual Case of Stomach Ache
The man forgot to mention that he had ingested 15 pounds of objects ranging from coins to razors. The doctors in charge at the Indian hospital that treated him discovered that their patient had chunks of iron, razors, coins, and nails. After the doctors saw the X-ray results, they immediately rushed him to surgery.
„We were shocked to discover that coins, nails, and nut-bolts in his stomach. We come across such a case for the first in our career,” mentioned Dr. Priyank Sharma.
The doctors were able to remove all of the foreign objects found in the patient’s stomach. The man then stated that he had ingested objects which were given to him by his customers. He mentioned that he took to swallowing them like pills and continued his work without any problems. Or at least until he started suffering from stomach ache.
As it is, this might have just saved his life. Some of the ingested metal objects could have perforated his stomach and killed him. The doctors mentioned that some of the nails were able to make small holes in his stomach. This then caused a minor bleeding.
His having ingested this large amount of coins and nails led the doctors to suggest that their patient might be suffering from a mental problem. The man is now under treatment, which might prevent him from doing the same in the future.
Image Source: Pixabay